FAQs and important info
Thursday 6 July 2023 – Entries open
Friday 6 October 2023 – Extended entry deadline
Late November 2023 – Shortlist announced
Thursday 25 January 2024 – Awards night
On the night timings
19:00 – Drinks reception
19:45 – Welcome from Richard Andrews, Director of the RAD Awards
19:50 – Gala dinner
22:00 – Entertainment
22:20 – Awards ceremony
23:00 – Afterparty
02:00 – Carriages
Great Room, Grosvenor House Hotel, Park Lane, London, W1K 7TN. Please use the Park Lane entrance to the hotel.
Why should I enter?
Because you’ve got A LOT to gain by winning or just getting shortlisted, and nothing to lose by entering!
- Winning a RAD or even getting shortlisted signifies that your work is of the very highest standard, elevating you above the competition and helping you win new business, retain clients and attract talent.
- Clients, in-house teams and contributors to the campaigns are recognised and gain industry kudos, along with the employer branding, talent attraction and retention strategies they employ.
- It secures credibility for emerging brands and validates the position of established brands.
- The lively award ceremony offers the perfect opportunity to reward staff, entertain clients and network at the prestigious Grosvenor House Hotel on London’s exclusive Park Lane, home to renowned events such as the BAFTAs and the Pride of Britain Awards.
Who can enter?
Entry into the RADS is open to any company, agency, or individual producing work specifically to recruit and retain talent.
Joint entries where clients and agencies have developed and delivered a recruitment solution collectively are accepted.
Entries from outside the UK are welcome.
The RADS are not open to education marketing campaigns.
What are the categories?
You can view a full list of categories and criteria in the entry guide.
Over what period does the work need to have run?
Most of the categories require work to have run during 1 October 2022 – 30 September 2023.
Refer to category criteria in the entry guide for specifics.
Can my organisation enter without an agency?
Yes, we welcome organisations entering independently.
Can the same campaign be entered into multiple categories?
Yes, however each entry must be tailored to the specific category criteria.
My company is based outside the UK, can I still enter?
Entries from outside the UK are welcome.
Any submissions in languages other than English must be accompanied by an English translation.
It is encouraged that, if shortlisted, international companies attend the awards ceremony in London
How do I enter?
All work must be entered using our online entry system.
1. Select the category you wish to enter (You can select additional categories from the drop down menu in the basket and then clicking the green + button).
2. You will then be redirected to a registration page for new users or login page for returning users.
3. You will need to supply the following information for each category you enter:
- Campaign name
- Client details (company/contact/logo)
- Agency details (company/contact/logo) – if you are entering in-house work put n/a in these fields
- URL relating to the campaign
- Date of campaign launch
- 50 word campaign summary
- 500-750 word pdf
- Three high res campaign images – these will be used on the website and in the awards presentation if shortlisted
- Video link (optional)
- The word count for your entry
It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that they have (written) permission from any owner of the supporting material they are wishing to upload.
4. Once all mandatory fields have been answered you can proceed to payment.
Here you should complete your companies billing address.
5. Once completed you will then be asked to select to pay via credit card or invoice.
Invoices will be emailed directly to the email address assigned to the login credentials.
For credit card payments you will be redirected to an online payment page hosted by Paypal.
You do not need to create a PayPal account, instead complete the payment fields with your credit card details.
Please note that we are currently unable to accept payments from American Express credit cards.
6. A Confirmation email will be automatically emailed to the address assigned to the login credentials as soon as you complete your order. If this is not received, check your junk mail folder and if can’t find it contact email@example.com.
Do you have any entry tips?
Yes! Boost your chances of winning with this handy checklist for your entries.
- Does it meet the criteria?
Each category details the criteria against which entries will be judged – make sure you align your entry with these guidelines.
- Does it have a structure?
Entry pdfs should have a clear structure including: what we did, why we did it, how we did it, and of course, results!
- Is it concise?
Entry pdfs should be no longer than 750 words. If you need to add further detail, include it in your supporting documentation and reference it in the entry pdf.
- Does it reflect the work?
Your entry should embody the work. Use branding, images and infographics to help paint the picture of what you’ve been working on.
- Is it engaging?
Our judges are human beings. Make sure your entry is engaging, conveys passion for your work and tells a story!
What should my entry include?
Entries must meet the criteria of the category in which they are entered (see entry guide for details).
Where the criteria requires them, statistics and/or specific data must be provided.
Entry pdfs should contain the written submission, supporting imagery and links to any videos.
All work should be entered using our online entry system and supplied as a pdf (max 750 words).
Separate pdfs must be supplied for work entered into each category.
What is the entry word count?
Entry pdfs should be between 500-750 words.
Entries exceeding this limit will be marked down or disqualified.
If I've started an entry can I save and come back to it at a later date?
Yes, press the “Save for Later” button which will then move your incomplete entry into your “Saved Items”.
When you are ready to submit you can log back in, go to your saved items tab to make any necessary changes before selecting the “Move to Basket” button, which will allow you to complete your transaction.
How much does it cost to enter?
There is an entry fee of £250 + VAT for each campaign entered into each category.
- Once you have uploaded your entry online you can opt to pay by credit card or invoice.
- Invoices and receipted invoices will be automatically sent to the email address of the user that is logged in to the website at the point of submission.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that payment of entry invoices is received.
- Please note, if payment has not been received when judging commences, the entry will be disqualified.
Can I pay by credit card or invoice?
Entries can be paid for by credit card or invoice at the time of submission.
You will be redirected to DVV Media International’s payment page hosted by Paypal.
You do not need to set up a PayPal account, you simply submit credit card details.
Once completed you will receive a receipt from both PayPal and The RAD Awards.
If you do not receive both, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not accept American Express.
Once you have selected the invoice option, you will have the opportunity to input a purchase order number if you have one.
If you have a purchase order number at a later date please email this to email@example.com who will assign this to your invoice and re-issue.
Invoices will be issued at the point of submission and emailed to the address assigned to the login credentials.
It is the entrants responsibility to ensure that this is forwarded to their accounts team for payment.
Invoice terms are 30 days.
If you have not received the invoice from firstname.lastname@example.org, please check your junk mail and spam filters.
Can I edit an entry after it has been submitted?
Yes, as long as it is before the entry deadline.
If you log back in your entry will be held under Awards > Nominations.
You will then be able to select the “edit” button and make necessary changes.
Please be sure to press save.
What is the judging process?
Each entry will be judged by our panel of general practitioners and industry specialists from the UK’s leading recruitment marketing agencies and in-house teams.
All entries will be judged against the category criteria.
Decisions of the judges will be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
How will I know if I'm shortlisted?
All shortlisted entries will be notified by email in November.
When will the winners be announced?
Winners will be announced at the in-person awards ceremony on Thursday 25 January 2024 in the Great Room at the Grosvenor House Hotel, Park Lane, London, W1K 7TN.
Why should I attend?
1. Learn from the industry
Hear about the campaigns, ideas and best practice employed by the very best recruitment advertising and employer branding agencies and in-house teams, and come away with learnings you can apply to your own organisation.
2. It’s fun!
You and your team work hard, it’s time to play hard! The RADS are a perfect opportunity to reward your team with a great night out. Indulge in the drinks reception and three-course fine dining menu, belly laugh at the celebrity entertainment, sit on the edge of your seat during the awards ceremony, and dance the night away at the after party.
3. Show that you’re part of the profession
The industry’s best will be in attendance, shouldn’t that include you? The RADS has represented the crème de la crème of recruitment advertising and employer branding for over three decades – demonstrate that your organisation is part of that.
4. Network and entertain
Mingle with key decision makers or impress clients at this glamorous black tie event held at the prestigious Grosvenor House Hotel on London’s Park Lane, which has hosted renowned events such as the BAFTAs and the Pride of Britain Awards.
How much does it cost to attend?
Pricing information is available on the “Attend” page.
What is the dress code?
The dress code is black tie and cocktail/evening dresses.
Do you issue tickets for the event?
Yes, e-tickets will be sent out 6 weeks prior to the awards ceremony.
How do I get to the Grosvenor House Hotel?
The hotel is on a number of bus routes and is located near four Underground stations:
- Marble Arch (Central line) – 10 minutes walk,
- Hyde Park (Piccadilly line) – 15 minutes walk,
- Bond Street (Central and Jubilee lines) – 15 minutes walk,
- Green Park (Victoria, Jubilee and Piccadilly lines) – 20 minutes walk.
Please use the Park Lane entrance to the Great Room.
Will there be filming and photography at the awards ceremony?
Photographs and video will be taken at this event.
By attending the event you grant the event organisers full rights to use the images resulting from the photography/video filming, and any reproductions or adaptations of the images for visual presentation, social media or marketing purposes relating to the event or future events organised by DVV Media International Ltd.
By entering the event premises, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any use of these materials.